Thursday, August 6, 2020

Marvellous reviews from real people!

I’ve just been hopping here and there in new old stories and it’s a delightful romp—fluid, dryly humourous, innocently laying out the scene and the action and the character of the “actors” and just letting events flow. It’s as if the reader is going on the trip at the same time as the characters. Excellent metaphors, pungent little asides. In Pop Songs, loved the acid trip, especially Mother’s reaction. Gone to Mars, outstanding the way it’s constructed and how you bring it to a close. I’m treating myself to your stories one at a time. Initially I was gobbling them up but now am almost finished and then plan on reading them all again. - Derek S.


Your book arrived on a rainy Saturday - perfect day for the surprise of  a good book to appear. Have been pacing myself with it - don’t want a very good thing to end too soon. - Robert G.


5.0 out of 5 stars  Put this book at the top of your list to read!!! This is a wonderfully funny book...a feel good read...the characters are hilarious and the stories could belong to any one of us.....Once you start you won’t be able to put it down...I loved it!!! - Oceangirl


I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed your ‘stories’. Many of them brought back echoes of memorable episodes in my own life or in the lives of close friends. I just wished you had shared with us several more having read your book in one sitting. Your last story had me a bit puzzled though until the very last line when I burst out laughing picturing a nice young man “leaving Finn’s house carrying a television”. I laughed at several other twists in other stories.Your book is a gem which I’m about to reread and will strongly recommend to all my friends. - Frank L.


Truthfully it was different than any book I’ve read. I loved all the places you/Seh went in each story. I also loved that once I started each short story...I could not put the book down until I finished that story.  Beautifully written...describing in great details and from a different perspective than mine, and I liked that! It is a little bit twilight zone on some stories and I liked that too. I liked this book very much!! - Diana K.


Very poetically leads the reader toward accepting death while ego’s death occurs simultaneously. It reminds me of Jean Cocteau’s films. Magic and uncertainty and fairytale but very sweet and poignant while pleasantly disturbing. - Robert Z.


Rand, I love your writing. It is a great mixture of light fun and deep thought. Love the “spiritual “ quality, references and magic bits. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant - Jan W.

No comments:

Post a Comment